As some of you may or may not know, most of us on the Signature Group Team are connected to the military in some way, shape or form. Majority of us have PCSed to Fort Bragg and are very familiar with the struggle of finding a new place to live when you have never been to Fayetteville. By this point you have probably searched the web and read every blog possible on PCSing but we figure… the more information the better.
Below are a few tips we found useful on our own adventures to Fort Bragg:
1. Do not buy NEW furniture– as tempting as it may be, wait until you get to your destination. There is always the possibility it will get damaged in the move.
2. Double check all cabinets and storage spots for items BEFORE the movers leave– if the movers miss it, you will be moving it yourself!
3. Leave out some pots and pans- leave out a couple pots and pans so you don’t have to eat out every night.
4. Take pictures of everything before it packed– This will help if it gets damaged by the movers.
5. BE NICE TO THE PACKERS AND THEY WILL BE NICE TO YOUR STUFF.
6. Plan ahead– Figure out your route, possible stops, and hotel situations BEFORE you leave for Fort Bragg.
7. Remember you may not be able to cook full meals.- pick up some snacks and food that can be easily made and doesn’t need a ton of prep.
8. Don’t forget the fun- since majority of your stuff will be with the movers, don’t forget to leave out some games or sort of entertainment.
“Breathe, Breathe, Breathe. If all else fails, buy some dixie cups, some box wine, order take out and find something to laugh about. This too shall pass.”
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help finding a home during your PCS. We understand this is a very stressful time and we would love to help in any way we can.